Sunday, January 25, 2015

7 Weeks = $200 Challenge

I am embarrassed to admit that my start of the challenge has been less than stellar. It keeps getting pushed to the back burner. I decided to issue myself a challenge (because I do better if I call myself out). I tend to get carried away with my challenges and then fizzle out pretty shortly. I am trying to pick something that will be doable but I need to push myself.

I have my trip to Chile coming up in less than 8 weeks (Yikes!!! How did that happen so fast). I am so super stressed trying to figure out how to finish finance the trip. I have the money but it gets so old penny pinching at this point. I need to keep reminding myself that the reward at the end will be worth it.

Sorry I got off on a tangent. I was supposed to be talking about my challenge. I would like to focus on money I can use on the trip. I have about 7 weeks (to allow myself time to redeem for my gift cards or have it deposited it into PayPal). I am challenging myself to earn $200 in the 7 weeks which will be about $25 a week. This amount would be greatly appreciated on the trip.

I will focus mostly on Swagbucks during this period because they have the fastest turn around in getting you gift cards. I will also use Shop Kicks (while we are out and about shopping during the week) to earn a gift card for Target to get last minute trip stuff.

I currently have 898 points in Swagbucks (which is equal to about $8.98). So I really only have about $191.02 to go to reach my goal. I definitely will focus on surveys because that is where you have a lot of earning potential. I will try to do my searches there too instead of using google as much. If anyone hears of some good ways to earn points I am open to all suggestions.

I currently have 1,260 points with my Shop Kicks account. This is enough to get me a $5 Target reward. I am thinking if I could get up to $25 that would be the perfect amount to get my last minute items and snacks for the plane. Considering it took me forever and a day to get the 1,260, I am not sure how realistic that goal is. However, I haven't be actively trying to get the points so I may have hope. My youngest and I may take a trip to Target today to scan products.

This is my loosely put together plan. I would love to hear about any other places with great earning potential (especially if they have a fast turn around getting you the gift card). I will be back next week to report my earnings for the week!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment